IT Guidance Framework
- 1. What exactly IS the Framework?
- 2. How does the Framework benefit senior management?
- 3. What are the primary benefits of the Framework?
- 4. What technology was used to develop the Framework?
- 5. Who developed the Framework?
- 6. What background & skillset is needed to use the Framework?
- 7. Does every association utilize the entire Framework?
- 8. Does our staff at-large have to become experts on the Framework?
- 9. What if we don’t have time to use the Framework on our own?
- 10. Is the Framework designed for small or large associations?
- 11. Why do we need a Framework?
- 12. If we use the Framework, what is ISCG’s role in the project?
- 13. Why did ISCG develop the IT Guidance Framework?
- 14. Will it help us with implementation-only efforts?
- 15. Are there other frameworks available for associations?
- 16. Do the templates contain actionable content?
- 17. Will it help us set realistic expectations?
- 18. Does the Framework clash with the vendor's methodology?
- 19. Does the Framework replace the consultant?
- 20. Will the Framework help with an IT Assessment?
19. Does the Framework replace the consultant?
Is the Framework intended to replace the need for an experienced consultant?
No. We believe that the combination of a consultant’s expertise and the IT Guidance Framework provides a unique pathway to a successful AMS, LMS, or Website project. The Framework can help you do more on your own, so that you can use consulting guidance where it provides the most value. Rather than paying for a consultant to do all the detailed activities on your project, the Framework allows the consultant to be your mentor, to oversee the project from a management perspective, providing strategic advice where appropriate. You can therefore minimize the consulting costs involved, while the Framework helps your own internal project manager take on responsibility for some of the detailed tasks.
The Framework provides you with a knowledge base of institutional expertise in the evaluation, selection, and implementation processes, allowing you to take advantage of best practices after the consultant’s work on your initial project is done. Once you have used ISCG’s professional services and the Framework to guide your first project to a successful conclusion, your own staff will be better positioned to take on future projects with less outside consulting support.